Six Tips and Tricks to help you stay healthy this Christmas Season.
Hey guys! I’ve got 6 tips and tricks to help you stay healthy this Christmas season. I’m Kelly Cullen of Pleasant Wellness. I’m a Naturopath and Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner.
1. What is your mindset like? If you think that December is a free ticket to eat whatever you want, I encourage you to change your thinking. Yes, a lot of traditions are centered around food, and it’s ok to enjoy some treats, but it’s all about balance and moderation.
2. Fill up on some healthy foods before you indulge. It will help crowd out the less healthy options. Things like nuts and seeds, veggies and hummus, apple slices with yogurt dip are all good options to help fill you up. Having these healthier foods first will help keep your blood sugar more stable, and curb cravings. Speaking of cravings, if you’re craving something sweet, having something sour can help. So have some water with lemon. If you’re having a salty craving, celery can help curb that.
3. I know there are fewer get-togethers this year, but if you are meeting with family, bring a healthy dish to pass. It sounds obvious, but then you’re sure to have a healthy option to eat.
4. I can’t stress enough about the importance of water. Start every day with a full glass of water, and sip water throughout the day totaling about half of your weight in ounces a day. My 2 preferred types of water are distilled or reverse osmosis.
5. As far as immune health goes, zinc and vitamin D are both extremely important. And did you know that sugar weakens your immune system? Studies show that sugar feeds bacteria, viruses, candida, parasites and cancer. So read labels, use raw honey, stevia or pure maple syrup as a substitute whenever possible. And enjoy in moderation.
6. Lastly, move your body! Notice how the gyms are always packed in January? You don’t have to wait until the new year to get some exercise.
I hope this has been helpful. Please like and share.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!